"I'm always shooting at knee caps today!" - Common dialogue after killing a German Soldier
|Michael Jeff Garnett|
|June 1, 1926 - June 9, 1944 (aged 18)|
A portrait of Michael Garnett
|Place of birth||Louisville, Kentucky|
|Place of death||West of St. Come Du Mont, France|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Unit||3rd Squd, 3rd Platoon, Fox Company, 2nd Battalion, 101st Airborne 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment|
|Battles/wars|| World War II
- Battle of Normandy
Private Michael Jeff Garnett was a soldier in Baker's 3rd Squad Fire team.
Michael Garnett was born in Kentucky to Caroline Garnett and jokes to everyone that he's the 'boy from nowhere'. Garnett was a dock worker on the Ohio River before enlisting in the Army. Garnett developed a strong friendship with Larry Allen in their first week of boot camp, and they always have been close friends ever since.
Road to Hill 30Edit
Garnett is first seen in the morning of D-Day with Allen. The two always appear together during the rest of the game. They have a sly and sarcastic remark for every situation and seem to pride themselves on that fact. Garnett is under your control for the majority of the game and he plays a leading role.
Earned in BloodEdit
Garnett is first seen during the "Three Patrol Action" where he and Allen join Hartsock's squad. In the "Hell's Corner" mission he is seen separated from Allen for the first and only time. The last time you see him is at the chateau level.
In the mission "Buying the Farm" in Road to Hill 30 Private Garnett, accompanied by Private Allen, and Pfc. Leggett attempt to flank the farmhouse by using a Pincer Move. While around the back the three were ambushed and Allen and Garnett were killed while Leggett survived.
Hell's Highway features the secret story of what happened. Garnett is featured in Hell's Highway quite frequently. It is revealed that Garnett was sniped while holding the 'death pistol' after a verbal and physical fight between Allen and Leggett attracted the attention of three German soldiers.
- M1 Garand
- M1A1 Thompson (PS2 Version only)
Garnett's mother sent a letter to Allen's mother about their deaths:
Death Certificate January 9, 1945
- Dear Mrs. Allen,
- I appreciate your interest in helping me piece together what happened to our boys those many months ago. I've now received three telegrams from the Army and did not learn much in the way of details until the latter. I'm not entirely sure how much information they've released to you either, but I am convinced our boys died together and that's the way they had wanted it.
- I've now received many pictures of our boys together from some of the other sons in the company. They also sent letters that contained their own sense of bereavement for the loss of Larry and Michael, but did manage to assure me of our boys' bravery in the face of the enemy. They did however keep all details surrounding how they were actually killed completely withdrawn. I am now feeling that we may never know exactly what happened, only that they died defending a friend named Pvt. Kevin Leggett who unfortunately was killed only a few days later at the battle outside of Carentan, France.
- It is now becoming increasingly difficult to fall asleep at night without thinking of Michael's face those last few days before he left. I'm sure you share my grief with the loss of Larry.
I hope you and Mr. Allen are doing well, we are all about as usual.
- Mrs. Caroline Garnett
- During the battle at Objective XYZ Allen and Garnett operate an M9 Bazooka.
- Even after the mis-drop they still managed to stay together.
- Both Allen and Garnett were killed in the mission "Buying the Farm".
- Allen and Garnett both enlisted after finishing High School.
- Both Allen and Garnett are constantly annoying Sgt. "Mac" Hassay.
- Both Allen and Garnett are constantly making jokes.
- Leggett, Allen and Garnett had a fight over who was stronger, Superman or Batman, which started their rivalry with Kevin.
- In the mission Hell's Corner Garnett is for once seen without Allen.
- He wears his helmet at an angle.
- In the Earned in Blood manual he is incorrectly named 'Jeff Garnett'.
- When the fate of Garnett and Allen is revealed, Leggett says to Allen that everyone hates Allen, and Leggett says that Garnett is among them.